On February 22, it will be three years since Hunt: Showdown launched on Steam Early Access! We'd like to thank everyone for joining us on the journey so far, and there's plenty more to come. Since launch, we've brought Hunt to PS4 and Xbox, and with your continued support, we've been able to regularly update and expand the game, including adding live events, Twitch Drops, PvE modes, numerous DLCs, and much more. We couldn't do it without you, so again, thank you for joining us in the bayou and for all of your feedback and suggestions that help shape the game's development.
We've got plenty of celebrations planned to mark our third anniversary, so stay tuned to our social media channels to keep up with all the action. Today, we're excited to announce our latest Weapons Skin contest, where the overall champion and two runners-up will see their ideas for a Legendary Skin added in a future update to the game! To enter, simply download any of our six weapon templates, create your design(s), and submit as many as you like. Don't forget to check out our design guidelines below. The deadline for submission is March 11. The Hunt development Team will select their favorite 12 designs, and then the community will vote to decide who wins in two rounds of voting.
The first round will be a classic head-to-head knockout bracket, where your votes will decide our six finalists. The community will choose the winners in an open final round of voting from the final six. The winning entries will be revealed live on Twitch, as we broadcast a special Hunt dev stream with guests from the team on March 18.
The overall winner receives:
- A voucher for an upcoming Three Year Anniversary Hunt: Showdown t-shirt
- 1500 Blood Bonds
- A voucher for two DLCs of their choice
- Naming rights for the weapon skin (names subject to Hunt team approval)
Two runners up will receive:
- 1000 Blood Bonds
- A voucher for two DLCs of their choice
- A Trait mug
- Naming rights for the weapon skin (names subject to Hunt team approval)
(A note: You don't have to create a design for all six weapons. Make one! Make two! Make three! Make sixteen! It's up to you. Just make sure to create at least one and submit your entries by the deadline on March 11, 2021.)
Download ALL the blank template(s) here for the following weapons (Please use password 'hunt' to access the files. You can find both solid and transparent versions for each.):
- Winfield M1887 Terminus Handcannon
- Nagant M1895 Silencer
- LeMat Mark II
- Mosin Nagant M1891
- Romero 77 Hatchet
- Add your design to the template. All entries must be based on the designated templates.
- Submit as many different designs as you want.
- Submit your entries by posting your final image on either Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. In order to be considered, your design post must contain both the contest hashtag #HuntAnniversaryContest and a tag to the official Hunt: Showdown page. (Facebook: @huntshowdown, Twitter: @huntshowdown, Instagram: @huntthegame)
- All contest entries are due March 11, 2021, at 23:59 CET.
- One winner and two runners-up will have their Weapon Skin added to the game in a future update.
- The overall winner will receive a voucher for an upcoming Three Year Anniversary Hunt: Showdown t-shirt, 1500 Blood Bonds, two DLCs of their choice, and naming rights for their weapon. Names are subject to approval by the Hunt development team.
- Two runners-up will receive 1000 Blood Bond, two DLCs of their choice, a Trait mug, and naming rights for their weapon. Names are subject to approval by the Hunt development team.
- The Hunt development team will select a shortlist of qualifying entries (12 designs). The team's decision is final. Out of that shortlist, the community will then decide the winner and the two runner's up in two rounds of voting.
- Details regarding the voting rules will be provided later on.
- We will announce the winner and runners-up on March 18, 2021, on our social media channels.
- The winning design will be added in a future update to the game.
- Your design should be grounded in the game world and art direction of Hunt Showdown. Focus on the gritty, dark, and unforgiving nature of the game. Stay away from ideas that obviously would break the art direction and tone of the game. Your designs must fit in the existing world of Hunt: Showdown.
- Your design should mainly be driven by a complete texture change, like many of our existing Legendary Skins. Change materials, engravings, or colors to whatever suits your idea.
- You are free to add one static (not animated and not moving) mesh attachment to your skin to make your skin even more unique.• The mesh attachment must adhere to overall weapon proportions (length)
- It must not block the ADS view
- Any animating parts of the gun must be kept clear and movable, especially gun internals, bolts, levers, triggers, and so on. (Exceptions: The Throwing Arms of a crossbow can be used or altered IF it does not conflict with the firing animation.
- Mesh attachments must not be placed at hand positions of a player model, or if they are, they must adhere to the original shape of the weapon in these areas.
- You may change the shape or appearance of a gun's stock/handguard as long as the overall gun proportions (length) remain the same.
- You must not add Blades, Nails, or anything that could be interpreted as changing the gun's melee damage type (e.g., Slash, Pierce, Blunt) unless it is part of the original weapon.
- If you win, we still reserve the right to change or adjust your Legendary Skin to fit our game's needs, our animations, in-game performance (fps, etc.), and so on to guarantee a flawless experience for all players.
- Do not use copyrighted or trademarked material in your design! This includes music, logos, names, and images. Anyone using material they do not own without the owner's written consent will be immediately disqualified!
- Do not use any imagery that is obscene; offensive; sexually explicit; derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group; promotes alcohol abuse, illegal drugs, tobacco, actual firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), or a particular political agenda; defames, misrepresents, or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies, or communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law.
- You shall indemnify us and undertake to defend us against and hold us from any and all claims, suits, liabilities, loss, damage, cost or expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, based upon or arising out of a breach or alleged breach of any of the rules of that contest published here or otherwise communicated, including but not limited to claims asserted that your design infringes third party rights.
Further Terms and Conditions
By submitting your design(s) you agree to the following further terms and conditions in addition to the rules of the contest described above:
You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free and sub-licensable right and license to use your design(s) for the purpose to hold this contest; including but not limited to reproduce, copy and publish your design for the voting. Although we do not plan to use your design(s) for further purposes (unless you are picked as the winner or a runner-up – see below) we cannot rule out that we might develop and publish a design that you might consider as looking similar to your design(s). With this regard, you understand that such similarity is most likely caused by the limited designing possibilities due to the look and feel of Hunt: Showdown. In any case, you acknowledge and agree to settle any such discussions with us amicable and will not take any legal actions against us. You acknowledge and agree that in no case will you be entitled to compensation higher than the commercial value of the rewards provided to the winner in this contest for any use of your design(s) by us.
If you are picked as the winner or one of the two runner's-up of this contest, you grant to us the exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, modify and exploit in any manner and in any medium your design; including but not limited to use your design to create an item that will be used in Hunt: Showdown and to use your design for promotion purposes. You waive any moral rights in your design; including but not limited to any right to be acknowledged as the creator. You acknowledge that the only compensation for the foregoing license are the rewards provided in this contest. If you are picked as a winner or one of the two runners-up, we will ask you to sign a separate license agreement. You understand that such signing of a license agreement is mandatory and a requirement in order to pick you as the winner or runner-up and to grant you the rewards provided for the winner or a runner-up.
By submitting your design, you confirm that you are over 18 years old and that you are entitled to grant us licenses as described above. You confirm that you created the design on your own or that you have all the necessary rights to grant us a license as described above.
Any attempts to cheat or fraud are prohibited and will lead to a full disqualification of your submissions and your exclusion from the contest. In such a case, we reserve all legal rights and actions; including but not limited to legal action for damages.
By submitting your design via Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, you acknowledge that (i) this contest is not associated to/organized/supported/sponsored by Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and (ii) that you and not Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter provide any material submitted by you in this contest and (iii) that you indemnify Facebook, Instagram or Twitter from any claim associated with your participation in the contest.
We expressly reserve the right to cancel this contest or to modify/amend the Further Terms and Conditions without any announcement and at our sole discretion.
This contest is governed by the laws of Germany. Any legal action is precluded.
This contest is provided by: Crytek GmbH, Hugo-Junkers-Strasse 3, 60386 Frankfurt am Main, Germany email@example.com, Amtsgericht Frankfurt a.M., HRB-Number.: 77322 – Imprint: https://www.crytek.com/imprint
Any personal data which is submitted by you to us in the course of this contest is only used for holding this contest. To consider your design(s) within this contest, we have to process your social media account name, which is used by you to submit your design. If you are picked as the winner or one of the two runner's-up, we will need additional personal data from you in order to deliver the rewards to you. You agree that your name or nickname will be publicly announced on our websites and/or our social media channels in case you become the winner or runner-up of this contest. You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect to the future. Please note that such a withdrawal might lead to the impossibility to deliver the rewards to you. The legal basis for the data processing with regard to this contest is Art. 6 (1) 1 lit (b) General Data Protection Regulation and your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 lit (a) General Data Protection Regulation. The controller of your personal data is Crytek GmbH, Hugo-Junkers-Strasse 3, 60386 Frankfurt am Main, Germany firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the data we have stored for your person, for the receiver or category of receivers of your transmitted personal for the purpose of storing.
- Request that your data be deleted or corrected in the case that you have changed your mind, or the data is incorrect (as far as possible according to applicable law).
- Object to the further processing or demand a restriction concerning the processing of your personal data.
- Withdraw a given consent.
- Request to port your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To contact us about any of these things, please email us: email@example.com